Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reiki Level I - New England Baptist Hospital - 081308



Yesterday I graduated 7 students in Reiki Level I at New England Baptist Hospital. We had a great day - we did two case studies on the nursing units and did a group healing. One patient - all 8 of us did the Reiki session. After the session, his wife told one of the physical therapist in the class that his spirit was so lifted by the experience. I thought how appropriate a way to describe it - uplifting. The other patient was a Reiki Master herself who requested Reiki after her hip surgery.

I will be teaching Reiki on a monthly basis. We are also in the midst of developing a business plan for an Inegrative Medicine Clinic that will offer acupuncture, massage and Reiki. Today is my 5 year anniversary at the hospital - my 5 year plan is right on target - getting integrative medicine into the hospital. Now I am invested in the retirement fund and can either leave or stay. Probably stay put - I love my job, the hospital and my co-workers. As much as I would love to open a center again, the thought of generating and worrying about cashflow again makes me shudder. I have one more to put through college so need stable income for now. Maybe someday.........:-)

No comments: