Saturday, March 29, 2008

Daniel Orlansky - Meridian Yoga - April 12-13, 2008



Daniel Orlansky
Daniel Orlansky M.A. teaches Yoga in Boston and Europe. He is certified in Meridian Yoga, Kali Ray TriYoga, and Kundalini Yoga, and is a graduate of the Boston Shiatsu School. His degree is in Dance Therapy, and he has been a visiting lecturer in movement studies at Tufts University. He has taught for twelve years in many locations including the Kripalu Center and is currently on the staff of several yoga teacher training programs in the Boston area.


I met Daniel Orlansky back in 1996 at Interface in Newton, MA. It was a wonderful holistic center that offered so many fine teachers and courses. We all miss that place! I took a yoga class course with Daniel and just loved his styles of teaching. He was a carpenter back then and teaching yoga part-time. When I opened my yoga center in 1997 I sought him out and asked if he would teach in my yoga certification course. He said yes! That led us to a partnership and we both taught the basic level and advanced level course (2002) at the center. As Daniel's career teaching yoga expanded he had to pull out because of how "famous" he was becoming, traveling and working to set up his own certification courses. He is still my all time favorite "guru" who helped me get through so many difficult periods in my life with his style of teaching yoga. I especially love the Meridian Yoga training he offers.

On April 12-12, 2008 he will be teaching a part I workshop on Meridian Yoga for the advanced yoga teacher certification course. We will be holding it at Healing Tree Yoga Center in North Quincy so we can accomodate more students. We have 8 students in training and they can fit up to 12 more. If you are interested - please contact Mark Keane, Business Manager at Healing Tree 617 770-4800. You will not be disappointed in this program. Daniel's website is

No comments: